You are here
January 2023 Virtual Tutor Training Workshop
New year, new opportunity!
Volunteer English Program is proud to announce that our highly successful, VIRTUAL Tutor Training Workshop format continues. It is designed to fully prepare volunteer tutors to teach English to adult non-native speakers from Chester County. Tutor and student will decide whether to start virtually or in person. The goal is to eventually meet in person when both parties feel it is safe enough to do so.
- want to make an important and lasting impact on someone’s life and your own
- enjoy learning as well as helping others learn
- would like to help adults succeed while strengthening your local community
- would like to be knowledgeable about other cultures
- would like to use your creativity
- would like to be inspired
...please consider becoming a VEP tutor!
Prior teaching experience or fluency in a language other than English is not required. References and background checks will be conducted before being matched with a student
When: January 24th (Tuesday), January 26th (Thursday) & January 31st (Tuesday), 2023
Time: 9:00 to 11:00 a.m. each morning
Please dress comfortably. Feel free to enjoy your own snacks and/or beverages.
*Please note that while this is a virtual event, your hard-copy Tutor Training Guide will need to be picked up at the VEP office in West Chester the week before training starts. Pick-up dates will be provided after registration